I really believe that people like to give. I also believe that it often helps to give them direction. If I say
"Can you give me a little money to help out in Haiti?" You will be embarrassed to give me a dollar. But if I say "will you give me a dollar to help in Haiti?" most likely you will be happy to give a dollar.
So let me give you some suggestions how you might be able to help.
- Give us a dollar. Or five or ten. If that is what you can give we would love to have it for our trip in October.
- Give us $5,000. That would go a long way in building the driveway to the homes that will be build for the Joy in Hope Children's Home.
- Buy a set of good quality white towels. We need ten more sets. One set cost about $40.00. Ten people donating one set each will have it covered.
- Donate your time and sewing talent to embroider 10 sets of towels. Or volunteer to embroider one set.
- Donate good quality white queen or twin size sheets. We need a lot. Donate one set..two sets or ten.
- Donate beads or jewelry making items that can be donated to the deaf community in Jacmel.
- Donate used t-shirts. 100% cotton. We will make diapers out of them to bring to Haiti.
- Donate your time to help sew these t-shirt diaper's..
- Donate powdered formula for the babies in the tent camps in Haiti.
- Donate powdered SOY formula for baby Schneider in Haiti.
- Donate disposable diapers for babies in tent communities in Haiti.
- Sponsor a bag. For $100 we can carry an additional bag to Haiti.
- When missionaries are on furlough lend them a car, a car seat, a house. Give them a gas card a gift card a prepaid visa card. (any missionary not just mine :)
- Sponsor a job for an unemployed Haitian.(monthly)
- Sponsor a child.
- Sponsor a house. You don't have to go to Haiti to build a house. If you have the means pay for the materials for others to build a house. (roughly $6,000.)